How long has it been since you’ve done something totally rad? Show how gnarly you truly are with the first inaugural Rad Run brought to you by Dari Mart on May 17TH.
Get your RADNESS on with more obstacles than any other 5K race in the state.
Enjoy the beer garden & live mustic and of course the race.
We haven’t forgotten about the kids-a children’s area is provided while you race. The kids will have their own fun with:
Face Painting by Shining Faces.
Please know that 10% of net proceeds will be donated to LOCAL NONPROFITS.
Are you rad enough?!
The first heat will kick off at 8am with the last heat wrapping up around 3pm. Make sure you arrive at least an hour before your heat to stretch, pick up your bibs and packets, make sure your shoes are tied and to prepare yourself to get your RAD on!!
Beer and Wine Garden:
Will open up at 10am. Make sure to come get a beer or two and stay for the day’s festivities. **Please drink responsibly.
All food vendors will be ready to serve you delicious food and beverages starting at 10am. Please make sure to bring extra money for food/beverage purchases.
We will provide a bag and key check at the information tent. Volunteers will be there to watch your bag while your run your heat and enjoy the post race activities. Volunteers and staff are not responsible for your possessions. We will provide a ticket or number to claim your bag and keys when you are ready to leave.
We will provide a changing area for your convenience. There will be a separate station for women and men.
Make sure to stop by our PHOTO tent as soon as you cross the finish line. Grab your friends, family and teammates and capture the moment. Photos will be provided by LaDuke Photography.
Prices of photos are as follows:
- Facebook/Online Image $5
- Full Size Digital Image-Printing $10
- 5″ x 7″ Print $12
- 8″ x 10″ Print $15
- 11″ x 14″ Print $20
Bring your kids out to participate in all the fun activities that The Rad Run will provide for you and your family:
- Face Painting by Shining Faces.
- Mascots: Oregon Duck, Sluggo, Raddie the Rad Rabbit, Marti the Cow (Dari Mart), Matty the Mattress, Red Robin Bird, Brownie the Bear (Roaring Rapids) and more!
- Other crafts and activities.
Live DJ: TBD
- Spectators are FREE and have access to:
*Free Kids Area!
*Rad All-Day DJ playing the greatest hits from the 80′s!
*Chance to watch friends and family on the course!
Crazy Costume Contest:
Begins at high noon. Best costume (based on our RAD crowd applause) wins $100 cash.
Awards can be claimed at the awards tent. All participants will receive a Rad Run medal!
Trophy’s will be awarded for: Best Team T-shirt, Largest Team, Most Rad-iculous Costume.
Prizes: Gather around the stage for RAD prize giveaways at high noon.
Stay tuned about our promotion partnership with Harry Ritchie’s Jewelers and the H-Boutique. The winner of the Harry Ritchie’s shopping spree will be announced between 12pm-2pm.
The Rad Run Difference
The Rad Run sets itself apart from similar runs in Oregon in more ways than one.
- The quality of and number of obstacles we will provide (more obstacles than any other 5K course in Oregon).
- The amount of non-profit organizations we will affiliate with and support (6 local organizations).
- The location of The Rad Run (http://www.sollevatovineyard.com ).
- By providing a family and kid friendly atmosphere.
- DJ all day long.
- Rad promotions and giveaways.
- Bringing together multiple communities working together.
- Other creative activities and themes throughout the event.
The Rad Run Goals:
- Raise money and awareness for our local charities that we will be supporting.
- Provide an organized and well-managed event.
- To provide a safe and fun obstacle course run for all participants and spectators involved.
- Make sure all participants, spectators, sponsors, non-profits, vendors, bands and organizations not only have a great time, but feel invested in The Rad Run and their community.
* Relay for Life of Eugene / Springfield, ALS Association, American Diabetes Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lane County, Mascots for a Cure and Lane Blood Center.