How long has it been since you’ve done something totally rad? Show how gnarly you truly are with the 2nd annual Rad Run brought to you in part by Dari Mart on May 17TH.
Get your RADNESS on with more obstacles than any other 5K race in the state.
Enjoy the beer garden & live mustic and of course the race.
We haven’t forgotten about the kids. A children’s area is provided while you race. The kids will have their own fun with:
Magician Dan Freed: http://magiciandanfreed.com
Face Painting: Prices charged by individual face painters are as follows: $3 per cheek, $6 for half face, $9 for mask and $12 for face.
Craft activities by Home Depot
11 Mascots: The Duck, Benny the Beaver, Sluggo(Eugene Emeralds), Raddie the Rad Rabbit (Rad Run), Marti the Cow (Dari Mart), Matty the Mattress (Mattress Mania), Red Robin Bird, Brownie the Bear (Roaring Rapids), Buddy the Blood Drop (Lane Blood Center), Louie the Pig (Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union) and Homer D. Poe (Home Depot)!
Please know that 10% of net proceeds will be donated to LOCAL NONPROFITS.
Are you rad enough?!
The first heat will kick off at 8am with the last heat wrapping up around 3pm. Make sure you arrive at least an hour before your heat to stretch, pick up your bibs and packets, make sure your shoes are tied and to prepare yourself to get your RAD on!!
*Heats start at 8:00am and go every 15 minutes.
*Elite Racers Only Heat at 10:00am
*Special High School Football Heats at 11:15am and 11:30am
*1 Mile Only Heat at 2:00pm
*Volunteers Only Heat at 2:15pm
Beer and Wine Garden:
Will open up at 10am. Make sure to come get a beer or two and stay for the day’s festivities. **Please drink responsibly.
All food vendors will be ready to serve you delicious food and beverages starting at 10am. Please make sure to bring extra money for food/beverage purchases.
We will provide a bag and key check at the information tent. Volunteers will be there to watch your bag while your run your heat and enjoy the post race activities. Volunteers and staff are not responsible for your possessions. We will provide a ticket or number to claim your bag and keys when you are ready to leave.
Make sure to stop by our PHOTO tent as soon as you cross the finish line. Grab your friends, family and teammates and capture the moment. Photos will be provided by Blue Bus Creatives: http://www.bluebuscreatives.com/.
Prices of photos will be posted at the event.
Bring your kids out to participate in all the fun activities that The Rad Run will provide for you and your family:
- Face Painting, clowns and more.
- Magician Dan Freed: http://www.magiciandanfreed.com/
- Mascots: Oregon Duck, Sluggo, Benny the Beaver, Raddie the Rad Rabbit, Marti the Cow (Dari Mart), Matty the Mattress, Red Robin Bird, Brownie the Bear (Roaring Rapids) and more!
- Crafts by Home Depot.
Live DJ: TBD
- Spectators are FREE and have access to:
*Free Kids Area!
*Rad All-Day DJ playing the greatest hits from the 80′s!
*Chance to watch friends and family on the course!
Crazy Costume Contest:
Begins at high noon. Best costume (based on our RAD crowd applause) wins $100 cash.
Awards can be claimed at the awards tent. All participants will receive a Rad Run medal!
Trophy’s will be awarded for: Best Team T-shirt, Largest Team, Most Rad-iculous Costume.
Prizes: Gather around the stage for RAD prize giveaways at high noon.
*Stay tuned about our promotion partnership with Harry Ritchie’s Jewelers: http://www.harryritchies.com/ and the H-Boutique: http://hboutique.com/. The winner of the Harry Ritchie’s shopping spree will be announced between 12pm-2pm.
*Matty in a Hay Stack! 10 bibs will be randomly stamped with our Rad Run logo. If you are one of the 10 participants, you will have a chance to dig through a hay stack in search of a miniature Matty from Mattress Mania:. Be the first participant to find Matty and win a $250 gift certificate from Mattress Mania: http://maniadeals.com/matty/!
*Cosmos Creations Promotion for Participants: www.cosmoscreations.com
*Dr. Gray Grieve Orthodontics: http://www.coolorthodontist.com/ , is donating a $7,000 orthodontics certificate. This will be donated to the Junction City High School to be auctioned off in their yearly silent auction.
Rad Run Difference
The Rad Run sets itself apart from similar runs in Oregon in more ways than one.
- The quality of and number of obstacles we will provide (more obstacles than any other 5K course in Oregon).
- The amount of non-profit organizations we will affiliate with and support (7 local organizations).
- The location of The Rad Run (http://www.sollevatovineyard.com ).
- By providing a family and kid friendly atmosphere.
- DJ all day long.
- Rad promotions and giveaways.
- Bringing together multiple communities working together.
- Other creative activities and themes throughout the event.
The Rad Run Goals:
- Raise money and awareness for our local charities that we will be supporting.
- Provide an organized and well-managed event.
- To provide a safe and fun obstacle course run for all participants and spectators involved.
- Make sure all participants, spectators, sponsors, non-profits, vendors, bands and organizations not only have a great time, but feel invested in The Rad Run and their community.
* Relay for Life of Eugene / Springfield, ALS Association, American Diabetes Association, Committed Partners for Youth of Lane County, Junction City High School, and Mascots for a Cure.
*For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 503-593-6276